14 Years Ago My Stroke Physical Therapist Told Me ......................

 Hi, I am Aaron Avila. I survived a brain aneurysm in 2010 and two weeks later while in a coma, I suffered a stroke. This life shattering event left me half paralyzed, unable to walk, I have Dysarthria along with many other cognitive and physical deficits. (Read my story here)

So I have been in a electric wheelchair for 14 years.

I can clearly remember my Physical Therapist Susan from Kaiser Permanente Rehab Hospital in Vallejo telling my wife not to get me an electric wheelchair because he'll never come out of it.

Well, for convenience sake for both of us ignored her advice and purchased a scooter and electric wheelchair.

So needles to say Susan was right. I have been in a power wheelchair for 14 years and I didn't see myself ever getting out of it.

Being a spiritual man, due to a near death experience. I have seen God work in my life daily.

You know the saying, God works in mysterious ways? Well I believe there mysterious only because we as human beings are limited in how we think. But God on the other hand, is the Alpha and Omega and can see the beginning and the end.

So, about two weeks ago, my electric wheelchair and scooter broke and we can't afford to buy new ones. So I had no choice but to go back into my manual wheelchair. Being able to only use my right arm and leg, getting around in a manual wheelchair is challenging to say the least.

So I can only use my right arm on the right wheel and my right leg to pull me around.

What's amazing that after 14 years of virtually no movement in my left leg, it's starting to move a little. In fact, it's started to step forward as if I'm walking and beginning to pull back a little! Now this would not be happening if my electric wheelchair hadn't of broken. God? The Alpha and Omega? I say positively yes! Now after fourteen years, my left leg is beginning to move!

I think, when we can afford it, I will purchase another wheelchair and scooter but only use them when I absolutely need to. Otherwise I will primarily use my manual wheelchair.

Mysterious ways of God?

Honestly, it has been amazing. Watching my left leg move and pull back after 14 years. 

One of God working in mysterious ways? I say yes, God knew this would happen!

Follow this blog and I'll tell you what happens next.

Sincerely,
Aaron Avila 
Stroke TV ​Media

Comments

  1. God Knows ALL - - I Am So Glad !! Love You My Son, My Son . . Gary

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you take your time to leave me a comment, I'll take my time to personally respond to you. I want to get to know you.
Tell me your story.

Popular posts from this blog

What Content Does Stroke TV Media Offer Stroke Survivors? Updated 5-27-23

Stroke TV Media Theme Song.