Upcoming live Podcast June 2nd. My response to a Facebook post regarding "stroke survivor loneliness" I'm Aaron Avila , 16 years post-brain aneurysm and stroke . I know that deep, heavy feeling you're carrying, because I've lived it too and I still battle loneliness now and then but not nearly as much as I used to.. Here's what I've learned: the word "recovery" is actually doing more harm than good. Doctors use it like we just had a cold or broke a bone, as if our brain will magically fix itself. It doesn't. After meeting hundreds of stroke survivors, I've seen how that word leaves so many of us feeling like failures when our lives don't snap back to normal. That's why I am building Stroke TV Media Network . We don't talk about recovery anymore. We talk about rebuilding life after stroke . Recovery is a noun, it just sits there and waits. Rebuilding is a verb. It takes effort, mindset , and action. And with the right eff...
Celebrate Christ Birth 2023 with God's Love - 1 Corinthians 13: "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.
ReplyDelete4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love."
Sorry I wasn't able to download any of the "Traveling Weatherly's" Musicc - Gary
ReplyDelete