Aaron Avila Brain Aneurysm And Stroke Survival Story. Condensed 11-7-23

 


I had a Brain Aneurysm rupture on September 17, 2010, and after surviving certain death from the aneurysm, two weeks later, I suffered a stroke. Stroke symptoms include F-Face drooping A-Arm weakness S-Slurred Speech T-Time Equals Brain Loss so call 911 FAST! Other symptoms ma include difficulties with walking, balance issues.

Married for over 30 years to the incredible Rebecca Avila and proud father of Ryan Avila.

I was a man who believed in his ability to tackle any challenge, from felling an 80' tree to designing water harvesting systems and managing a crew for building a 250,000-gallon water storage tank. I owned my own companies for over 12 years before the stroke.

However, my life took a drastic turn when I experienced a stroke and a near-death encounter. This event compelled me to reevaluate everything I had once taken for granted, from life itself to walking, talking, and being in tune with my body, family, and friends. I see my survival as a second chance at life on earth.

My stroke, the most devastating event in my life, has become my greatest teacher. I have connected with remarkable people on a similar journey, fellow stroke and brain injury survivors. Although I survived certain death, I consider myself fortunate to live two lives in one and to appreciate every moment.

While I initially felt anger and a sense of loss, the lessons I've learned since my stroke have made it all worthwhile. If I had to label myself, I'd say, "Under Major Reconstruction." I'm still learning, and I owe my progress to my extraordinary family and friends who have supported me. Their love and encouragement have made all the difference.

I'm not a victim; I'm a survivor, and I want to inspire others never to give up.

With immense positive energy, Aaron Avila

If you have any questions, email me at aaronavila.stroketv@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Content Does Stroke TV Media Offer Stroke Survivors? Updated 5-27-23

Stroke TV Media Theme Song.