Yep, even I have those stroke days

 Hi,

It is Aaron Avila, CEO of Stroke TV Media.

What I find sometimes even I focus on what I can't do.

I have been in a wheelchair thirteen years, half my body is not usable, sometimes I just hate this fucking stroke.

I watch TV of people walking, laughing and having fun. I watch fishing shows and remember that use to be me.

Stroke leaves you handicap yet, you can remember all the things you used to be able to do.

I am always telling my stroke community to focus on what you can do, and not what you can't do.

Once in while I begin to focus on what I can't do and if I continue this wrong focus, it will lead me down a rabbit hole of despair and depression.

Than I called my good friend Cheri Paterson in Niagara Falls and after telling her how I feel, Cheri says to me, remember God has chosen you and I need to remember the dreams God gave me.

That is just what I needed to hear!

My focus is on my current condition and on my dream of walking, owning a ranch and riding a horse someday. 

Wow, I need to remember that my current situation does not dictate my future. 

A smile in my heart begins to emerge once again. 

I share this only as a reminder to all stroke warriors around the world. Focus on those things you're grateful for and dream of better days to come.

Remember,
You can never fail if you don't stop trying!
TOGETHER WE ARE STRONG 
STROKE SURVIVOR.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
Love energy your way.
Aaron Avila




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Content Does Stroke TV Media Offer Stroke Survivors? Updated 5-27-23

Stroke TV Media Theme Song.