The Ripple Effect Of Stroke

 Welcome to the Stroke Of Genius Podcast 

Survival Experience 

Show Notes For August 17th 2022
Podcast Topic 

"The Ripple Effect Of Stroke"


Hi everyone,
It is podcast host Aaron Avila.
In this podcast I will be talking about what I call the ripple effect of stroke. 
I began to realize this effect of stroke years after surviving my own brain aneurysm and stroke in 2017 at age 47. (Read my story here)

Yes, I was grateful I was alive but, the catastrophic hard times my survival brought onto my wife and son would fill my eyes with tears and cause me to ask myself, is it really better I'm alive seeing what emotional and financial hardship my stroke survival is causing my wife and son.

I will never forget going from twelve years self employed to so financially broke my wife and I waited in line at our local free food bank. 
I remember crying so deep it hurt. Now unable to speak intelligible words as I watched helplessly my wife waiting in a free food line. This would rip at my very core as a man.

Now, twelve years later we are much more stable.
We lost everything but our house. 
Gone is my Dodge 2500 Mega Cab.
Gone is our 40' Triple Slide 5th Wheel.
Gone is the family wakeboard boat.
Gone is my wife's $12,000.00 dollar wedding ring my wife had to sell to make our house payment for a few months.

This is only a small part of what we lost over the years since my stroke. 
This what I call the "ripple effect of stroke".

This is why I see myself as the one that had the stroke, but my family are also a type of stroke survivor.

I would like to dedicate today's podcast to my beautiful and amazing wife Rebecca Avila. 
If not for her steadfast and unfailing love, I would be dead right now.
I love you with all that I am Rebecca.

My Stroke Of Genius Podcast Survival Experience broadcasts live this morning at 9 AM PST on Stroke TV Media YouTube Channel. (Please Subscribe) 

What Content Does Stroke TV Media Offer Brain Injury Survivors?

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Content Does Stroke TV Media Offer Stroke Survivors? Updated 5-27-23

Stroke TV Media Theme Song.