I Have Been A Wheelchair Bound Stroke Survivor For 12 Years

 Something was told to me many years ago, I'm just now understanding, years later.

They said:

"Focus on what you can do, not what you can't do."

That's it!

All these years I have been focused on what I can't do. I can't walk, I can't speak correctly, I can't move my left arm or hand.

Notice the focus on the words I can't.

What I should be focusing on is I can do however tiny, "I CAN" internationally twitch one of my left fingers, "I can" now move my left shoulder, "I can" stand in one place with a stabilization device, "I can" walk outside holding on to a rail, "I can" transfer myself to a cardio bike and do 30 minutes of cardio.

Pay close attention to the energy of the words "I can"

In the words of the great spiritual teacher Wayne Dyer ..............

Change the way you look at things and the things you look at will change ..................

I believe rebuilding our lives after stroke must start in our minds.

Let's talk about it.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Content Does Stroke TV Media Offer Stroke Survivors? Updated 5-27-23

Stroke TV Media Theme Song.