Fifth Seizure After My Stroke 'Wakeup Call'

 Hi,

It's Aaron Avila, founder of Stroke TV Foundation.

(my story)


So a few days ago, I had a mild seizure again after my stroke ten years ago.

I didn't start having seizures until after I had a Flu Vaccine about three years ago.

Coincidence? Maybe not.


I think what triggered my wakeup call was no more than several days prior to my seizure, my wife and my son had a kind of intervention with me.

They both vocalized their concern about my health and apparent physical decline.


You see, I have not learned how to control this extreme passion to help stroke survivors worldwide I received after dying ten years ago and experiencing a near death experience.


The words of my son Ryan keep playing over and over in my head.

'Dad, how are you going to help people if you die'? 

Then a seizure two days later has me deeply thinking about the state of my physical health.


I am realizing more than ever, I need put my physical health over all the other things I do. Like my son said, 'Dad, how are you going to help people if you die'


I realize, self discipline, is what I must learn.


So here are the changes I'll be making to my daily life.

I must do thirty minutes of cardio and walk 80 feet each day using my rail Monday through Saturday minimum. I'll add weight lifting as my stamina increases. 

(Sunday will be Rebecca and I's fun day).


Remember .............




 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Content Does Stroke TV Media Offer Stroke Survivors? Updated 5-27-23

Stroke TV Media Theme Song.