Stroke TV Foundation Purpose

Hi! 
It's Stroke TV Foundation Founder Aaron Avila.

After meeting Don Ogan, a successful businessman who suffered a debilitating stroke some years ago, I asked him if he would serve on my Foundations Board Of Directors.

He responded with a question.
Where is the foundation going? What is the Foundations why?

A simple yet profound question.

So I began to contemplate why I and my Foundation does what it does. I write this document from my core as a man.

My why?

My why began when I became able to cognitively think again after suffering a massive subarachnoid brain aneurysm and two weeks later a massive stroke September 17th 2010 at age 47. 
(Read my story here)

My life had become catastrophically altered as fast as lightning strikes.
I felt so alone. So isolated. I thought to myself, there was no reason to keep living.

Then I felt inspired to go onto Facebook for the first time and socialize with my old High School Classmates. 

After getting to know Facebook, I thought I would  create a Facebook Group named after how I felt about my life. I wanted to see if there was anyone else out in the world who suffered a stroke like me at such a young age. 
(I was 47) 

I named the group Second Chance Stroke Survivors because I felt I was given a second chance at life after a life changing near death experience.

As other stroke survivors began to join my new group, I began to realize most of the stroke survivors out there were around my age and some even younger.

As I  began to talk with other stroke survivors in the world, I quickly realized most stroke survivors where isolated and most suffering so much worse than I.

I would hear stories of stroke survivors who were suffering so horribly that they would tell me they wished they would have died. This would rip my heart out and I found myself crying often.

I felt a purpose welling up in me. A calling if you will.
After my near death experience I felt my second chance at life I was given, came with a divine purpose. To help stroke survivors from around the world find their way out of the darkest energy I have known in my life, STROKE.

Brain Fatigue! More later peeps!
Love energy your way,
Aaron Avila 
Stroke TV Foundation 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Content Does Stroke TV Media Offer Stroke Survivors? Updated 5-27-23

Stroke TV Media Theme Song.