I Took It All For Granted! Raising Stroke Awareness!

Hi!
I'm stroke survivor Aaron Avila.
(My Story)

Nine years ago I suffered a massive brain aneurysm and two weeks later while in a comma I suffered a massive stroke.

My stroke left me half paralyzed, wheelchair bound and with a speech deficit.

I was self employed for over twelve years. I was a Wakeboarder, Avid Fisherman, Certified Open Water Diver and so so much more.

I never thought I could lose all my physical abilities including walking as fast as lighting strikes at age 47.

What I want to say to you is do not take your abilities, your life and your loved ones for granted. Living as if tomorrow will always come. 

I'm here to tell that tomorrow is not guaranteed in life. It's all a precious gift.
It reminds me of a quote from the Dalai Lama,



So I encourage you to pause and soak in the beauty and positive energy in your life. Don't take your life and all the love energy in it for granted like I did.
(Click on image above to see a global stroke movement I founded)

I also founded a stroke support network. 
(Click on image below).

Let me know in comments if you get something out of this blog?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Content Does Stroke TV Media Offer Stroke Survivors? Updated 5-27-23

Stroke TV Media Theme Song.